Wednesday, May 19, 2010

39th Day: Soccer, and something about TTC!

Hello Everybody!

Yesterday I played soccer with my friends. I played with Brazilians, Germans and a Colombian. We were 14 players. One team was 7 Brazilians, another team was 3 Brazilians, 3 Germans and the Colombian. I played in the mixed team, and we won the game. This game was better than the first one, because anybody tried to kill me. We played in a Football (American Football) field near from Donlands Subway Station (Eastbound). It is far from my homestay, because my homestay is near from Keele Subway Station(Westbound). So, how I spoke about subway stations, I will tell you about Public Transport in Toronto, more specifically I will tell about TTC, Toronto Transit Commission.

Well, the TTC is compound for buses, streetcars and subway. The subway is the TTC’s heart and also of Toronto’s Public Transportation. The buses and streetcars are the veins of this system.

So I will tell about the Subway. There are four Subway Lines: Green, Yellow, Blue and Purple. The most important are Green and Yellow, how you can see below.

31 Subway Stations - Blor-Danforth (Green Line) - Westbound to Eastbound
32 Subway Stations - Yonge-University-Spadina (Yellow Line) - Northbound to Southbound
5 Subway Stations - Shepard (Purple Line)
6 Subway Stations - Scarborough RT (Blue Line)

Subway Map

There are 3 subway station connect Green Line with the Yellow Line; 1 connects Yellow Line with the Purple Line; 1 connects the Green Line with the Blue Line.

You can change for Green Line/Yellow Line or Yellow Line/Green Line in three subway stations: Spadina, Saint George or Bloor-Yonge. However I say to you: “Don’t change in Spadina“. I said this because is better change in Saint George, also if you go to Northbound in Yorkdale, for example, because Spadina is a very huge subway station, so you will walk a lot inside the subway station and spend a lot of time, in Saint George is very easy to change the lines.

Another important thing to know is that in general the Subway Stations have the name of the street where they are. Also the lines.

About streets: Here the streets are extremely wide , and their numeration start in downtown, so the number 0 of the street is in downtown. If you go to west side the street name will be Something St. West and if you go to east side the same street will be Something St. East. So there are 101, Something St West and, also 101, Something St East.

The fare is CAN$ 3.00 one way (You can take buses, streetcars and trains, but just one way), so to go 3 dollars and to come more 3 dollars. CAN$ 36.00 Weekly Pass, CAN$126.00 Monthly Pass. With this cards you can take buses, streetcars and trains, how much you want.

There are Daily Pass for 10 dollars but just on Saturdays, Sundays and Holydays.


So, Ride the Rocket. The Better Way. (TTC Slogan)

Some pictures:

See you!






TTC - BUS
TTC - Streetcar
TTC - Subway
http://www3.ttc.ca/index.jsp



Soccer

Like cats and dogs.


Nice try!

So pose!

3 comments:

  1. Uhuuu nice post! nice pics too!!!

    Mto boa as informaçoes, me será útil qdo estiver aí!! Ta chegandooo!!

    Te amo pulguinha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andreas, hello!
    Well one time you're perfecting your english language i will try my best english here just for you..hehehe...I'm very proud you cause yr english is going very well and you have described the situations, places and things easily!
    I have enjoyed too much all those news and pics and learnt a bit more about Canadá.
    My best wishes to you and hope you come back more intelligent than you are...if its possible!
    Hugs and kisses from me and all my guys!

    Bete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment about there being a 101 Something ST. East and West is so true, I walked to 1218 Lakeshore Blvd. once, West, only to find it was an empty lot. Then a cabbie told me I wanted 1218 East, which of course was an hour or more walk the other way. I'm sure it has confused many many people over the years

    ReplyDelete